Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TED!


When we moved in, James and Nate stacked everything in our 2nd bedroom so that I could organize from there. The first day I started unpacking I picked up a box and found Ted sitting on top of the other box. I froze. I was standing in the room with no shoes. By the way, Ted is what I named him because Ted sounds like a creeper name. I had never come across one of these lovely specimens so I didn't know what to do. Do they jump? Do they run? Do they play dead? How fast are they? etc. I stood there for what feels like 10 minutes just watching him to see what he would do. When I was convinced he wouldn't move, I ran to the kitchen for a bowl and spatula. I was gone 30 seconds but Ted was gone. So naturally, I closed the door to the bedroom and left the house. James could not find Ted either after work so we called the pest guy who came the next day. I kept the door closed for a week hoping that somehow that would keep him contained in the room. I know, smart! I also talked about him obsessively (which James loved) and wore shoes 24/7 in the house. After a week I went in the room prepared to battle Ted to get my belongings back, but I still have yet to find him or his dead body. I feel like I will never be completely comfortable until I find him. If I find him alive, he will pay (through torture) for how the mere thought of him has tormented me for the past 7 weeks.

Just as an update to the story, I got some bug spray and went crazy on my house. I don't like things crawling or moving in my house except for me and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The West Scoop | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates