Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Going back to Utah.

We are heading there tomorrow for the weekend and I am really excited to get into some cooler weather. I can't complain though, because today was really nice weather. We even rode in the car with our windows down and no ac. I am excited about...

1. visiting my grandma in her new home
2. getting to know trina's fiance better
3. celebrating my mil's birthday
4. maybe celebrating my fil's birthday too?!?
5. seeing college friends
6. What I am most excited about is seeing the cute kiddos. It has been a long time since we have seen them and we are really grateful that we are able to be there for alex and ben's baptism! I also happen to love their parents too, so it all works out!
7. James is most excited about seeing family too, but a CLOSE second is eating at Wingers! He has been counting down for awhile now. We might eat every meal there if it is up to him! He even wants to bring home a bucket of wings with us. We'll see.
8. the TRC at the MTC

Tomorrow begins my obsessive cleaning before every trip! I don't know why but I have to do every little thing in the house before I can feel good about leaving. I wash and put away ALL of our laundry including sheets and towels. I have to clean out my cupboards, fridge and freezer. I even like to be stocked up on things like dishwashing soap, shampoo, etc. in case we are running low. Then I do all the other normal things like the dishes, dusting and vacuuming. Does anyone else get like this before trips? Sometimes I try not to be so crazy but I cannot help it! I definitely learned it from my parents. It is a joke in our house that we NEVER leave when planned because we are all hustling around doing some last minute cleaning. It is just so glorious to come home to a clean home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The West Scoop | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates